Amarillo Sump Pump Repair
Protecting Your Property & Preventing Water Damage
Sump pumps are designed to prevent severe water damage in your home or business, so it’s important that they maintain proper function and efficiency. If your sump pump isn’t working the way it should be, turn to Route 66 Plumbing for a swift and dependable repair. As a trusted plumbing service provider, we are familiar with all makes and models of sump pump equipment and can get to the bottom of the problem in no time at all. Not to mention our licensed and insured plumbers are equipped with the latest tools and technologies, which enable more efficient and effective solutions.
Call (806) 602-9702 for 24/7 sump pump repairs in Amarillo, TX.
Signs Your Sump Pump Needs to Be Repaired
Even though sump pumps are designed to operate for long periods of time with little to no maintenance, they can still experience issues and require repair.
Here are some signs that your sump pump may need to be repaired:
- Strange sounds: If your pump is producing unusual rattling, grinding, or other strange noises, this could be an indication of a malfunctioning motor, debris buildup, or worn-out parts.
- Constant running: If your sump pump seems to be running nonstop, even when there's no water, it could indicate a problem with the pump’s wiring, float switch, or check valve.
- Failure to turn on or off: If your pump is not turning on or shutting off at the right time, this could mean there is an electrical issue, a broken switch, or a pump motor that has failed.
- Foul smell around sump pit: If there's a bad odor coming from the sump pump, it could mean that the water is not being sufficiently removed from the pit and is stagnating.
- Age: If your system is more than ten years old, it may be time to consider a sump pump replacement. Old pumps that are constantly breaking down or not efficiently removing water are a sign that the pump has reached its end of life.
If you notice any of these signs, you need to have your sump pump inspected and repaired by a professional plumber. Regular maintenance and prompt repairs can extend the life of your pump and help keep your home safe from costly water damage.
Tips for Caring for Your Sump Pump
To keep your sump pump in good working condition, it's essential to take proper care of it.
Sump pump maintenance should include:
- Regularly cleaning the pump's basin and components
- Making sure it's installed correctly according to manufacturer specifications
- Testing it regularly and replacing its battery backup annually
- Checking that its water discharge line is free of any clogs or debris that may cause a backup
By following these tips and having regular maintenance performed, you can ensure your sump pump works effectively and protect your home from any costly water damage. At Route 66 Plumbing, our experts provide professional plumbing maintenance to keep your sump pump in top shape. We handle all of the above tasks and more so you can focus your energy on more important matters and enjoy peace of mind knowing your property is protected against water flooding damage.
There For You 24/7
At Route 66 Plumbing, we understand the importance of fast response times when it comes to plumbing emergencies. That’s why we are committed to helping you achieve peace of mind during even the most trying times. If you are experiencing a severe weather event, a plumbing leak, or some other situation that requires the use of a sump pump and your system isn’t performing properly, don’t fret – we are on call and prepared to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our skilled plumbers arrive in fully stocked trucks ready to restore function to your sump pump and prevent severe water damage in your home or business.
Give us a call for same-day sump pump repair in Amarillo. We look forward to serving you.
What types of sump pump repair services are available?Sump pump repair services typically include diagnostics, cleaning, and repairs for all makes and models of sump pumps. The technicians can also advise you on the best type of system for your home or business needs, if needed.
How often should I have my sump pump serviced?We recommend having your sump pump serviced at least once every year to ensure it is running correctly and that the parts are in good condition. This will help prevent costly problems down the line.
Can you install a new sump pump?Yes, we can provide installation services for both new and replacement sump pumps. We'll work with you to find the best system for your home's needs and budget and then handle all the necessary steps to get it up and running.