Plumbing Pumps & Valves in Amarillo
Pumps and valves are essential components of plumbing systems. Without them, it would be nearly impossible to deliver water to the fixtures and appliances in your home or commercial property. If you are having problems with your pump or valve, call Route 66 Plumbing for prompt service.
To schedule your service, call (806) 602-9702. Same-day and 24/7 emergency appointments are available.
Pumps & Valves in Plumbing Systems
Pumps are used to move liquids and gases through the pipes. They are generally used to move water from the source, such as a well or municipal water system, to the storage tank or the fixtures and appliances in the home or business. Pumps are also used to prevent the pipes from being filled with too much water, which can cause them to burst.
There are two main types of pumps: submersible and non-submersible. Submersible pumps are mounted directly in the water source, such as a well or the municipal water system. They are designed to be submerged in water. Non-submersible pumps are mounted above the water source. They are designed to move water from one place to another.
The valves in your plumbing system control the flow of water to the fixtures and appliances. There are two main types of valves: gate and ball. Gate valves are designed to control the flow of water from the storage tank to the fixtures and appliances. Ball valves are designed to control the flow of water from the plumbing system to the fixtures and appliances.
Signs You Need Pump or Valve Service
Pumps and valves are designed to last a long time. However, like any other mechanical device, they can experience problems that require repairs. If you notice any of the following signs, it is a good idea to call for service.
Common indications that your pump or valve needs service include:
- Leaking faucets: If you notice that your faucet is leaking, it could be a problem with the valve.
- Water pooling on the floor: If the pump is not moving the water from the fixtures to the storage tank or the higher elevation, it could cause water to back up and leak onto the floor.
- Strange sounds coming from the plumbing: A problem with the valve can cause the plumbing system to make strange sounds.
- Low water pressure: If the water pressure is low, it could be a problem with the pump.
When to Replace a Pump or Valve
Eventually, your pump or valve will need to be replaced. There are a number of factors that can cause your pump or valve to fail, including:
- Aging: Plumbing components have a limited lifespan. As they age, they are more likely to fail.
- Harsh conditions: Valves and pumps are designed to withstand harsh conditions, such as pressure and water that is too hot or cold. However, if the conditions are too harsh, it can cause the valve or pump to fail.
- Overuse: If your system is overused, it can cause your pump or valve to fail.
- Physical damage: Physical damage, such as a broken impeller, can cause a pump to fail.
Route 66 Plumbing Provides Dependable Pump & Valve Services
When you need reliable service for your pump or valve, call Route 66 Plumbing. Our plumbers are highly trained and equipped to provide reliable service for all your plumbing needs. We offer competitive rates and same-day service for most jobs.
Call (806) 602-9702 to schedule your service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? We are here to help. Still have questions or can't find the answer you need? Give us a call at (806) 602-9702 today!
What are Plumbers and What Do They Do?Plumbers are professionally trained, skilled people who repair, maintain, and install pipe systems. Water heaters, bathtubs, toilets, drains, showers, and faucets are just a few of the things that plumbers are trained to service. Our Route 66 Plumbing plumbers are high-quality, certified professionals who will come to your home to help you with any of your plumbing repair, maintenance, or installation needs.
Do you offer emergency services?Yes! We understand that sometimes emergencies happen, which is why we are available 24/7 for all your emergency plumbing needs. No matter what time of day or night you find yourself in need of help, give us a call and one of our experienced technicians will be there soon.
What kinds of plumbing services do you offer?We offer all types of plumbing services, including but not limited to pipe installation and replacement, drain cleaning, water heater repairs and installation, toilet repairs and replacements, garbage disposal repairs and installations, sink installation, faucet repairs and replacements, sewer line inspections and repairs.