Piping & Repiping in Amarillo
Reliable Service for Homes & Businesses in the Texas Panhandle
Route 66 Plumbing offers piping and repiping services to local residential and commercial customers. Our plumbers are properly trained and certified to handle any job. We take the time to explain the options available to you so you can make an informed decision.
Please call us at (806) 602-9702 to learn more about our repiping and piping services.
When Should You Consider Repiping?
Repiping is recommended when the existing pipes in your home or business are more than 20 years old. As pipes age, the inside of the pipe begins to oxidize, which can result in leaks and burst pipes. The older the pipe, the higher the likelihood that it will burst.
Additionally, if your home or business is connected to a municipal water supply that has high levels of contaminants, such as bacteria or high levels of minerals, repiping may be necessary to prevent the pipes from leaking or bursting. The pipes will not be damaged by the contaminants if they are made of a non-corrosive material.
There are a few signs that your existing pipes may not be in their best condition. These include:
- Bad tasting and smelling water: When your water supply begins to have an unfamiliar taste (typically of metallic flavor), your pipes are likely beginning to deteriorate and it’s time to consider replacing them. Likewise, foul or earthy odors may indicate deterioration or cracks in your pipes, which will need to be addressed quickly.
- Noisy pipes: Banging and creaking noises from your water pipes are also a pretty clear indication that your water pipes are beginning to fail. As they age, pipes will begin to fail naturally, and loud noises that did not previously occur are a good way to gauge that it is time to call Route 66 Plumbing for professional help.
- Water temperature problems: Has it been difficult to find a comfortable temperature when turning on your sink or shower? Often when pipes are beginning to fail, they will cause the water from your pipes to not correctly adjust to your desired temperature.
- Corroded pipes: If you suspect that your water pipes may be needing to be replaced, our plumbers can look for any rusting and corrosion. If your pipes are visibly rusting and corroding, this is a sign of age or that they will need to be repiped by the experts at Route 66 Plumbing.
- Leaking pipes: Your pipes can begin to leak due to a number of reasons. If the leak is only in one particular area, the issue is likely just with that particular part. If your pipes are leaking from many different areas, they are beginning to fail and will need to be replaced.
- Water discoloration: One of the biggest red flags in terms of the health of your pipes is if your water is coming out of your faucets discolored. If the water from your sinks and showers is reddish in hue, this is likely to corrosion. Discolored water can also come in tints of black, brown, and yellow. No matter the case, discoloration of any color is usually a direct result of failing water pipes.
- Water pressure issues: Another clear symptom of old or damaged water pipes is inconsistent water pressure. If the water pressure from your faucet or shower begins to decrease over the time in which you are using it, this is usually due to issues with your pipes.
Piping Services to Fit Your Needs
Piping is recommended when you need to install a new water line or when you need to connect two existing water lines together. This is generally a big job, but trust that our plumbers are up for the challenge. We can also install new piping systems in new constructions, when you are adding or expanding a room, or when you are adding a new appliance, like a washing machine or dishwasher.
Contact Us for Expert Piping & Repiping Services
At Route 66 Plumbing, our plumbers are properly trained and certified to handle any job. We take the time to explain the options available to you so you can make an informed decision. We have helped thousands of local customers and are licensed, bonded, and insured for your peace of mind.
Please call us at (806) 602-9702 to request an appointment for piping or repiping services.
What is the average cost to repipe my house in Amarillo, TX?The price to replace your home's plumbing can vary a lot depending on if you need partial repiping, or if you need the whole house repipe. Other factors include the type of pipes used in the replacement, and where the access points to the plumbing are located. If you want a comprehensive, competitive estimate on your home repiping, call Route 66 Plumbing at (806) 602-9702 today!
How long does it take to repipe a house?It will depend on the size of your house, and how the plumbing was installed. On average, it will take one day for a 2-bathroom house, and longer for a 3-bathroom house or a two-story house. These types of houses may take a couple of days depending on the size and structure of your house. The professional plumbers at Route 66 Plumbing will come out to your house to give you a competitive quote to repipe your house.
How often does a house need to be repiped?If your piping is over 50 years old it needs to be inspected ASAP! Other signs that you need your house repiped are the water pressure decreasing, water beginning to turn a red or brown color throughout the home, or previous pipe breakages in the last few years or months. If these are happening, give our team at Route 66 Plumbing a call, and they will come to your house to give you a comprehensive, competitive quote to repipe your house.